Game: Behind Closed Doors: A Developer’s Tale
Time to Platinum: 1 hour
Missable trophies: None
Trophies: 1 , 8 , 9 , 4
Welcome to the trophy guide for Behind Closed Doors: A Developer’s Tale. This can also be considered a walkthrough and may be used for PlayStation 4, 5, Xbox One, Series X and Steam. Achievements for Steam and Xbox are in almost all cases the same as the PlayStation 4/5 Trophies. A roadmap is provided in the stages below.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and giveaways. Feel free to join our Discord server if you have questions!
Stage 1 – Access Emily’s room, collect all memories, kill 70 bats in the caves, collect 50 coins in the caves, kill 25 skulls in the Winterland, and complete the game
Welcome to the trophy guide for Behind Closed Doors: A Developer’s Tale. The game is developed by PEW Games and published by Sometimes You. The game is a blend of the action platformer and twin stick shooter genres. Obtaining the platinum is very simple. You will need to complete the game while gaining both key parts to access Emily’s room, collecting all memories, killing 70 bats in the caves, collecting 50 coins in the caves, and killing 25 skulls in the Winterland. None of the trophies are missable because there is a chapter select feature. For this stage of the trophy guide, we will focus on getting all trophies but one. Follow these steps:
- Get out of bed and turn off the alarm.
- Make the bed.
- Go all the way left until you can pick up a memory in the bathroom.
- Exit the room to the right.
- Go to the right and enter the study.
- Pick up the key part from the table.
- Pick up the memory to the right.
- Leave the room.
- Go left and downstairs.
- Go left and interact with the refrigerator to pick any breakfast.
- Go left and eat breakfast at the table.
- Pick up the memory to the left of the table.
- Go to the right and talk to Julia.
- Go upstairs and back to the bedroom.
- Brush your teeth in the bathroom.
- Leave the room and go back downstairs.
- Leave the house to the right and say “Yes” when prompted to go to work.
- Talk to the everyone you see as you walk to the right.
- Pick up the memory that you find along your way.
- Go to the storage room to the right of your work desk.
- Pick up the key part to the left of the fire extinguisher.
- Pick up the memory to the right.
- Leave the storage room and interact with your work desk.
- Read the message from boss.
- Reply to all emails. Type a response by pressing L1/R1.
- Start Dungeon Crush.
- Mash X to type code and click on “Test Game” when it appears.
- Platform to the end and touch the treasure chest.
- Click on the door at the lower left corner of the desktop, then click “Sleep”.
- Go all the way left and return home.
- Go left and eat dinner with Julia.
- Go upstairs and enter Emily’s room to the left. Both key parts are required.
- Collect the memory to the right.
- Look at the memory book on the table.
- Return to the bedroom.
- Brush your teeth and go to bed.
- The steps each day from Tuesday through Thursday are the same: get up, make bed, talk to Julia, choose breakfast, eat breakfast, brush teeth, go to work, read note from boss, reply to emails, play Dungeon Crush, go home, eat dinner, brush teeth, and go to bed. The Dungeon Crush game will change every day. Collect all the coins and avoid all the spikes and enemies. You will get a prompt when you collect all coins; you can then touch the treasure chest to end the level.
- Thursday night, a phone call will wake you.
- Go downstairs and to the left and interact with the phone.
- Walk right to trigger a cutscene.
- Walk right, read the note on the ground, and head right to the stone archway.
- Interact with the stone archway.
- Progress through the text and you will start a top-down shooter style level.
- Go up, pick up the weapon, and go through the gate.
- Survive until the timer hits zero. Alternate L1 and R1 to shoot quickly and use the right stick to aim the crosshair in the direction you want to shoot.
- After the time is up, go up through the gate and pick up the new weapon.
- Repeat this process of going up, surviving, and getting a new weapon until you reach the boss.
- Shoot the boss until it is dead. It’s only attack is firing straight up, left, right, or down.
- Go up and proceed through the dialogue.
- You will begin in the caves level. This level is very linear. You can shoot with the R1 button. Your goal while completing the level is to kill 70 bats and collect 50 coins. There are a lot more coins and bats than this, so don’t worry too much.
- When you arrive at the boss, stay on the stationary platform to the left of it. Time your jumps to avoid the fireball that occasionally comes at you and keep firing away until you defeat it.
- Exit the area to the right, pick up the staff, and enter the portal.
- Proceed through the dialogue and you will be in the Winterland level.
- Follow the linear path and kill all of the skulls that you see. When you see a bridge to the north, cross it to kill a few more skulls. You will need to kill 25 for the “Pyromancer” trophy.
- When you cross a bridge as you are heading left, keep walking left for a while until you reach a cabin.
- Enter the cabin and continue left.
- A cutscene will trigger and you will be in a dark area with torches.
- Go left and talk to Alice.
- Pick up the hilt afterwards and proceed right and into the portal.
- Go up and talk to the Lost Soul.
- The final boss fight will start. Stand in a corner and hold R1 while sweeping the area back and forth to survive until the timer runs out.
- Go up and choose “Kill Lost Soul”.
- When in control of the soul, go right and through the stone archway.
- Continue right until a cutscene triggers.
- After the credits, you will be back at the main menu.
Stage 2 – Use chapter select to begin the final boss and choose the opposite ending.
Use chapter select to go to the final boss. Win and proceed to the end of the game where you make your choice. Choose the “Let Soul Go” option and the platinum will be yours!
Individual trophy descriptions are left blank intentionally.
Behind Closed Doors Platinum
Good job! Completed all tasks!
Unlock Emily’s room.
Collect all the memories.
Complete stage 1 in the slime garden.
Complete stage 2 in the slime garden.
Complete stage 3 in the slime garden.
Complete stage 4 in the slime garden.
Kill the boss in the slime garden.
Get the Crystal
Collect the crystal.
Kill at least 70 bats.
Collect at least 50 coins from the caves.
Kill the boss in the caves.
Get the Staff
Collect the staff after defeating the boss.
Kill at least 25 skulls in the Winterland.
Get the Hilt
Collect the hilt after talking to Alice.
Kill the final boss.
Was it the right thing to do?
Kill the lost soul when the opportunity arises.
Never ending loop
Choose to let the lost soul go.